November 28, 2018
Design Engineer (Bridge)
Horner & Shifrin is seeking a motivated and talented Design Engineer in the bridge/structural area to grow our newest office in Chicago, Illinois. This position requires 3+ years of experience.
- Follow Bridge Practice production and design standards and procedures as delegated by the Project Manager
- Perform and check structural engineering calculations
- Participate in the preparation and checking of structural construction drawings
- Develop and check cost estimates
- Participate in the preparation of reports and studies
- Ability to traverse structural sites, including heights and rough terrain
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Structural Bridge Design Software
- Proficient in MicroStation
- Experience with public work structures, preferred
- OSHA 10, preferred
- E.I.T and/or IL S.E., preferred
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
SALARY RANGE: Salary will commensurate with experience.