April 1, 2019
Business Unit Leader, Construction Services
Horner & Shifrin is seeking a full-time Business Unit Leader, Construction Services, with 8+ years of experience. This position is assigned specific tasks on project teams; and is expected to resolve engineering problems and tasks, as needs arise; with help, as needed, from more experienced staff.
Position Requirements, Including Software:
- Proficiency in MoDOT and/or IDOT construction administration and materials testing policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead, manage and schedule staff to meet project needs
- Act as the Firm’s Safety Manager/compliance and training
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to traverse construction sites, including walking over rough terrain
- Strong client relationships and ability to develop business
- OSHA 10
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Microsoft Office
Preferred Requirements, Including Software:
- OSHA 40
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Licensed professional engineer in Missouri and/or Illinois or ability to obtain
- MoDOT & IDOT construction inspection certifications
- Previous design experience
Educational Requirements: B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
SALARY RANGE: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Click on the following link to apply: