March 7, 2018
Horner & Shifrin, Inc. is seeking a full-time CADD Technician to work in the Civil/Site Organization located in our O’Fallon, MO office. This is an exciting position for the right person to join a team of enthusiastic professionals at a full service engineering and geospatial firm that designs infrastructure and large-sized development projects.
- Work from detailed sketches developed by self or others to produce complex computer-generated construction drawings while coordinating details and dimensions between drawing sheets and between other involved disciplines.
- Revise/update drawings, exhibits, and sketches previously prepared or marked up by other Technicians or Engineers.
- Follow company quality control standards.
- Develop work products that require a minimum of “rework” due either to errors/omissions or poor visual presentation.
- Recommend ways to improve department procedures.
- Keep project manager and designated supervisor abreast of workload variations, and request additional work before needed.
- Attention to detail is required. Communicate any issues or design mistakes found with dimensions and constructability to the Project Manager during drawing development along with the correct solution.
- Ability to expand knowledge base and learn from others in the department.
- Strong listening, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven work history, strong work ethic, and team-player.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D. (Required). Associates degree or two-year degree in drafting technology is preferred. 1 year of previous technical experience is preferred. Understanding and ability to efficiently use CADD operating system obtained from either work or school is required. Experience with Civil 3D and site grading design highly preferred.
Salary Range: Salary will commensurate with experience.
Horner & Shifrin, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. We are a 100% Employed Owned firm, offer a generous benefits package and named a 2017, 2018 and 2019 Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
SALARY RANGE: Salary will commensurate with experience.