April 29, 2019
Construction Administrator/Construction Engineer
Horner & Shifrin, Inc. is seeking qualified help to fill an open full time Construction Administrator and/or Construction Engineer position to supplement our growing Construction Services Division in our St. Louis Office. This position reports directly to the Construction Services Business Unit Leader. The successful candidate will have good working knowledge of construction practices, construction management, field inspections, materials testing and general contract administration. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and efficiently. The successful candidate will also require exceptional customer service skills, as this position will work directly with clients in the field and during the entire project administration phase. Considerations for interviews will be given to candidates with either a BS degrees in Civil Engineering, or non-degreed candidates who possess a minimum of 5 years field experience in highway construction inspection.
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MoDOT Specifications for Highway Construction (in addition to MoDOT, knowledge of St Louis County Specifications is a plus).
- Familiarity with MoDOT Local Public Agency (LPA) process.
- Knowledgeable to enforce contract specifications, contract drawings and special provisions.
- Able to plan, coordinate and lead meetings with multiple stakeholders.
- Be able to traverse active construction sites on foot for long distances, measuring, recording or field verifying installed construction items due for contractor payment.
- Be able to lift 50lbs of roadway material in a 5 gallon bucket and carry it from roadway to truck.
- Ability to manage the full contract administration on assigned jobs to include, but not limited to, approving contractor payment applications, preparing change orders, coordinating contract start up, as well as final contract paperwork for close out, invoicing clients for time worked on projects.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) construction compliance.
- Knowledge of Storm Water Management BMP’s.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to work overtime.
- 5+ years of roadway constructing inspection, survey or materials experience.
- Field experience with field Inspections, daily diary documentation, payment documentation.
- To be considered for the Construction Engineer position, a degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university is required.
- To be considered for the Construction Administrator position, candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience in highway construction inspection.
- ACI Concrete Field & Strength Certifications preferred.
SALARY RANGE: Salary will commensurate with experience.