March 21, 2019
Horner & Shifrin is seeking a full-time Environmental Engineer located in our Poplar Bluff, MO office. Practice areas for this position are drinking water, wastewater and water resources.This is a mid-level position and requires 1-5+ years of experience but will consider qualified entry-level graduates. This position is assigned specific tasks on project teams; and is expected to resolve engineering problems and tasks, as needs arise; with help, as needed, from more experienced staff.
- Candidate will work under licensed engineer
- Ability to perform environmental engineering calculations for design work as assigned by Project Managers.
- Adapt standardized or previously employed designs to specific circumstances of new projects under the supervision of key project staff.
- Will be trained/proficient in the use of CADD and have the ability to layout significant portions of piping systems, treatment processes, utilities, etc. from concepts defined by supervisors
- Knowledge of one or more engineering design software packages is preferred (i.e., HEC-RAS, XP-SWMM, InfoWater, BioWin, etc.)
- Participate in the preparation and checking of environmental construction drawings and the development of preliminary construction specifications
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must possess excellent writing, listening and communication skills
- Desire and ability to increase basic technical knowledge and skills by participating in formal and informal training sessions
- Potential to develop peer and client contacts for Business Development through professional and social organizations
- Engineering Intern Certificate is preferred
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: B.S. in Civil Engineering with an environmental emphasis
SALARY RANGE: Salary will commensurate with experience.