January 31, 2019
Horner & Shifrin, Inc. is seeking a full-time GIS Analyst to work in our Poplar Bluff office. This is an exciting position for the right person to join a team of enthusiastic professionals at a full service engineering and geospatial firm that designs infrastructure and large sized development projects. In addition, the position will allow the individual to grow the line of service, cross train and work with other divisions within the firm.
- Prepares maps, tabular data, charts, graphs and statistical comparisons using ArcGIS, MS Access, MS Excel and other applicable software packages.
- Gathers field data using GPS or mobile devices for use in various mapping applications.
- Combine data from various sources, such as GIS, CAD, GPS, UAS, LiDAR, and other relational databases.
- Convert data from older sources such as maps and books into digital formats.
- Communicate and follow-up with clients and monitor project budget and schedules.
- Field visits on rough terrain per project needs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of spatial data and algorithms.
- Experience with client communication and/or project management.
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a criminal background check
Educational Requirements: Bachelors or Master degree in geography, computer science, or related field.
Salary Range: Salary will commensurate with experience.