Horner & Shifrin is the Prime Design Consultant for this $21.3M Design-Build Project. The project consists of the replacement or rehabilitation of 17 existing bridges located in nine different counties in southeast Missouri. Specific work includes:
- US67SB over MO 8 – Replacement with a new, widened 78-ft simple span NU35 concrete girder bridge with MSE wall abutments. Traffic will be detoured through use of crossovers or existing ramps at the interchange.
- Rte. NN over Indian Creek – Replacement with a new 3-span, 108-ft long spread box beam structure on steel pile bents.
- Rte. K over Black River – Rehabilitation of a 595-ft long existing steel girder bridge includes new slab and barriers, expansion joints, bearing replacements, and substructure repair.
- Rte. 51 over Castor River Overflow – Replacement with a 3-span, 190-ft long curved structure utilizing spread box beams on steel pile bents.
- Rte. 51 over Castor River – Replacement with a 4-span 344-ft long NU35 concrete girder bridge.
- Rte. A over Whitewater River – Rehabilitation of existing 3-span 230-ft long bridge. Includes new steel girder superstructure and new pile supported integral end bents. Existing intermediate bents to be reused.
- Rte. W over Black River – Replacement with 4-span, 408-ft long NU43 concrete girder structure. Mixed foundation anticipated including use of steel h-piles, CIP piles driven to rock, and drilled shafts.
- Rte. B over I-57 – Rehabilitation includes new steel girder superstructure, bearing replacement, and modification to semi-integral abutments. Existing bridge is 4-spans, 244-ft long.
- Rte. DD over St. Francis River – Rehabilitation includes redecking of 5-span 325-ft long steel girder bridge, modification to semi-integral end bents, and miscellaneous repairs.
- Rte. DD over St. Francis River Slough – Replacement with series of three 54-inch diameter pipe culverts.
- Rte. EE over Drainage Ditch #1 – Replacement with 3-span 232-ft long precast prestressed concrete girder bridge.
- Rte. EE over Drainage Ditch #251 – Replacement with 3-span, 252-ft long NU35 concrete girder structure on concrete friction piles.
- Rte. EE over Drainage Ditch #258 – Replacement with 3-span, 172-ft long NU35 concrete girder structure on CIP piles.
- Rte. EE over Drainage Ditch #259 – Replacement with 92-ft simple span NU43 prestressed precast concrete girders on integral abutments.
- Rte. EE over Drainage Ditch #65 – Replacement with 52-ft prestressed precast concrete girders on integral end bents.
- MO 153 over Drainage Ditch #4 – Replacement with 3-span 86-ft long concrete spread box beams supported by CIP piles.
- MO 153 over Drainage Ditch #8 – Replacement with 3-span 86-ft long concrete spread box beams on integral end bents.
Additional scope included hydraulic analysis for all structures, roadway design of tie-ins, miscellaneous safety features, and maintenance of traffic. Design schedule anticipated to be less than 2 years.
Nine Counties, Missouri